Get A No Obligation Quote Today
Rain, wind, loose branches, or age, its likely your home has been affected by these natural phenomena for many years, leaving your roof wore and torn with a need for replacement. Adams and Sons Roofing has been taking care of residential roofs for over 20 years. We bring professional and experience roofing to your home with exceptional customer service. Give us a call to get an estimate on your roof.
When Should You Consider Replacing Your Roof?
Have you had your roof for more than 20 years? If you have you may need to consider a few things and think about your roof may be needing to be replaced. There are a few signs to look for that can tell you if you are in need of a roof replacement.
What to Look For:
Understanding Roof Replacement
Your roof solidifies your home is one of the most important parts of it. Why wouldn’t you take care of it? Taking care of your roof starts when you choose the right roofers. At Adams and Sons, we make sure to take care of your roof with exceptional care. We evaluate the current condition of your roof to determine if you need to have a repair or need a full new installation or replacement. Once the evaluation has been made and if your roof needs to be replaced, we will need to consider what material you would choose.
The most common choices for residential roofing include:
- Asphalt composition shingles: Affordable and easily obtainable, but less attractive than other options due to their flat appearance.
*Most popular type of roofing material.
- Wood shakes or shingles: Luxury shingles that have great durability but aren’t a good choice in regions where there is a fire danger.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofs, steel or aluminum, are highly durable and fireproof therefore are more desirable today. They are expensive roofs but due to their long-lasting life span they are fairly cost effective.
- Slate Roofing: Heavy and hard to repair this expensive option is a highly attractive, high-end roofing.
- Composition slate: Synthetic tiles, closely resembling slate roofing, made from 95 percent recycled materials, including rubber, are gaining in popularity.
What Is The Roof Replacement Process?
As you decide on your roofing material, the roofing process begins, which may take 3 or 4 days:
- To start our roofers will remove all the remaining tiles and shingles, as well as any old and damaged valley flashing and drip edging.
*Protection for your home’s plants and shrubs during tear-off and will use magnetic tools to pick up nails and metal objects from the lawn.
- If the roof is in good condition our team will conduct minor repairs. But if it is not, we will replace bad wood with new plywood sheathing or 1 x 6 sheathing boards, whichever is applicable to your type of roof.
- After that we will install ice dam protection in regions that require it. The ice guard membrane is a synthetic waterproof barrier material designed to prevent melting ice from backing up under the shingles and penetrating through the sheathing, where the moisture can cause severe damage.
- Once the Ice Guard is down, we will lay down asphalt roofing paper over the roof sheathing. This layer of roofing paper creates an inner barrier against water penetrating the house. Rows of roofing paper are overlapped as they progress upward toward the peak and are normally tacked or stapled in place.
- As soon as the asphalt roofing paper is down, we move onto applying metal drip edging around the edge of the roof, both the eave sides and gable sides. The metal drip edge is nailed in place over the roofing paper or ice guard.
- Any area where two roof planes meet needs to have new valley flashing applied. The valley flashing is typically nailed to the roofing deck and sealed with roofing caulk.
- Apply the Roofing Material, starting at the eaves and working upward toward the peak.
- As we come towards the last few steps, we make sure to apply flashing around all areas where leaks might come into the house. Flashing installation may happen as part of the roofing installation, occurring as the rows of shingles progress upward on the roof deck.
- The flashing install leads to the install of the ridge vent. This continuous vent along the peak of the roof will help the air circulation in the attic space and can be integral in exhausting hot air and preventing winter ice dams. If ridge vents are not practical, they should be other types of roof or gable vents installed to provide air circulation in the attic space.
- Finally, to complete your project we do our final cleanup and haul the debris away. Then the installation is inspected and approved by a building inspector.
Our Company Goal
Adams and Sons Roofing Company works to create fully-functional roofing systems that are built to last. Working with our team that is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service, we will inspect, repair, or fully replace your roof at an affordable price. We are a local family owned and operated business that has been operating throughout northern Georgia for over 30 years! Our goal is to make sure that every customer is completely satisfied with any project they hire us for, this is why we offer a lifetime guarantee on all shingles and a ten-year warranty on all workmanship!
Where We Service
We offer our services around North East Georgia, from Atlanta to Tucker, our industrial roofing methods create selective attention to details based on the customer needs of a roof construction project.
We Are Here to Help You
Call us today for re-roofing, remodeling or a roof inspection and we won’t hesitate to set a date and plan a consultation prior your contact outreach. Professionalism and good old American roofing is the key of our success so we hope you see what we have to offer is exactly what you need for you next roof or home improvement!
As an accredited business and roofing specialist we are the best to repair and install the roof on your home or business. We work extensively with insurance companies, homeowners, and developers to deliver the highest quality in roofing construction services.